cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP4E Exclusion Single Machine

BFlm44542
Level 1
Level 1

So I have come to learn that AMP doesn't have features that I am accustom to. Is there a way, beside creating more policies, to apply an exclusion to a single system?

I am needing to create a 5 separate exclusion for my backup software. The machine function will determine the exclusion. Here are the backup machine functions: Primary Host, Proxy Host (Different types), Retention Host, and DataStore.

I am getting tired of creating all these policies for simple tasks.

2 Replies 2

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

Unfortunetely exclusions are always mapped to policies which in turn are mapped to groups. There is no supported way to add exclusions to a specific computer. I am not aware of a roadmap item to "fix" this in the near future - maybe somebody else can shed some light onto this

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello BFlm44542,
agree, there are often situation where this is a real pain. We are aware of this. We already started a new internal project called "Policy Management re-design". i cannot guarantee as this feature will be included, but i will add the appropriate infos to the project.

BTW, we recently added a feedback feature to the AMP Console (icon top right in the console). Please use this feature, as any feedback is processes by the appropriate teams.

Greetings,
Thorsten

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: