Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AMP Update Policy

Amayacitta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Do any of you know of a way to set the update policy to always follow the latest version? This would be very handy for groups of product testers, IT engineers and other select groups whom test the latest built before it gets generally rolled out.

Currently this is a manual change each time the product gets a new release which adds administrative overhead, if this doesnt exist then how do I go abouts raising a feature request with the product manager? Hoping they read these forums but not familiar with how to give feedback with Cisco generally atm.

Cheers,

AC

2 Replies 2

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Amayacitta,

sorry to say, no, this is not possible. Giving such a feature also includes a risk, where endpoints gets updated without the interaction of a customer. From my point of view, for testing it makes sense, to know when the connector gets upgraded. Also to test the upgrade from an existing Connector version installed in the field.

Inside Cisco we are discussing how we can improve the whole approach of connector upgrades. Changes will come, which are not official and so i´m not allowed to post it here :-)

I would also suggest to ping your Cisco representative to open a FR request for you, so it is logged and processed in our system.

Greetings,

Thorsten

Cheers Thorsten, from my point of view there are notifications, the select test group gets emailed as soon as a connector upgrade is released, so it’s known that an upgrade is coming, they also get notified from the connector end on their session when it actually happens. As these are pre-selected users whom are trained to expect such behaviour it’s not an issue. Would be great if the option could be added and we get control to turn it on or not. From your side to keep safe you can ensure any policies have it disabled by default.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: