Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DLP

ashleybabajee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

can anyone advise if Cisco have any good DLP solution, i found Digital Guardian, but do we need to have WSA as well, can it work as standalone ?

6 Replies 6

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @ashleybabajee,

today AMP for Endpoints is focused on Security and Data Loss through a Threat or Attack.

Host based DLP including Data Classification, Data Protection like Clipboard Protection, Printing Protection, Move between Shares, automated Encryption of data, Monitoring Data Move to remove able Storage and all the other features included in such DLP solution is not in focus today.

Greetings,

Thorsten

@Troja007 

I can understand it's not in focus today, but still what if i need the DLP protection with the features you mentioned below? There are solution like TrendMicro i think, just asking if Cisco has any equivalent

I think Cisco has the recommendation of Digital Guardian for DLP. Judging by the wording, I do not believe WSA is also needed and DG should be a standalone product. I think it just integrates well into WSA.

Assuming my understanding is correct ..

An option for the ESA is Data Loss Protection. The Cisco DLP solution used to be licensed from RSA but has been replaced with a Digital Guardian solution in Version 12.x.

I hope this helps.

_Marc

@marc.luescherFRE 

Does that mean we need to have ESA to have DG , what i want to know is if Cisco have a good on-premise standalone DLP, you know like TrendMicro, McAfee etc...

@Jbuttle 

Yes, i also think it integrates well with WSA, but didnt find anything much on standalone DG.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: