Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure Client 8.1 GUI missing on 2019 Server

Marius80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have updated Cisco Secure client to version 8.1.3.21242 on all endpoints Windows 10 without issues. But when I test update on two Windows 2019 servers, it installs fine but GUI is missing. I can see GUI and Secure Client service running in Task Manager, if I force close GUI and re-open, it appears for a split second and then it's gone. It's not visible in system tray. Same thing happened on two different servers. 

Full restart doesn't help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Double check the policy setting in the web interface.
Did it get turned off by you or by Cisco in response to the 8.x client interface related performance problems??

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the error you getting ?

veryfy the files and see any event logs :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/amp-endpoints/215704-installation-and-configuration-of-amp-co.html

Make sure you also have patched applied in Windows 2019 server look at KB

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/amp-endpoints/214847-amp-for-endpoints-windows-connector-os-c.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello and thank you for your reply. 

There are no errors, not when I start GUI and nothing in the event log. It looks like it starts fine, I can see it running in Task Manager. The only problem is, it's not accessible or visible from the desktop. 

Marius80_0-1675159996760.png

I'm patched up to Dec 2022 on both servers. KB from the table is March 2022 Cumulative Update. 

Double check the policy setting in the web interface.
Did it get turned off by you or by Cisco in response to the 8.x client interface related performance problems??

That was it. Because policy duplication doesn't work for me on the portal I re-created policy manually to use it for server update testing. I must have missed this setting. All works fine now. 

Marius80_0-1675170221753.png