Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure Endpoint 8.0.1 upgrade enables debug logging

Radec
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco,

We've upgraded a test fleet of Windows devices to Cisco Secure Endpoint 8.0.1 (from version 7.5.5). We noticed on every device that after the upgrade the debug logging has been (automatically) activated in the client. We have to stop it manually by pressing the corresponding button.

After we've noticed this we double checked that prior to updating, the debug logger was not started.

Is there something I can do from our side to prevent this?

Kind regards.

3 Replies 3

This was the TAC case I opened that I mentioned in my last post to you.  The answer I got was that, as long as the Connector Log Level was set to default in the applied Policy, when the connector sync'd up, that setting would change back to Default.  

Unfortunately, because of the NO GUI issue, I can't check on anything.

Besides, why does it behave that way AT ALL?  I didn't want that, and if I did, I would set it myself.

Hi @MichelleMacEnroe36525 

I’ve just updated another device to 8.0.1. The default policy setting is log level default.

After updating the debug logging is automatically started within the client. I’ve then ran a sync from within the client. Debug logging is still running and not being stopped/disabled, even though the default setting is ‘normal’.

I believe that, even though the tech on my case insists, "Regarding the Debugging feature, since the policy has this feature set as “Default” (not enabled), and the connector queries the cloud every heartbeat interval, it should have already taken the latest serial number of the policy with the feature disabled."

This is absolutely horrific. If I wanted to test a beta or an RC, let me know 1st, K?  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: