Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco AnyConnect supports Safari URLs triggered VPN

HuntLee304798
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We have a lot of Mac ipad/iPhone users.  Does Cisco AnyConnect supports Safari URLs triggered VPN? That is, when their Safari browser opens a specific URL, it could trigger the VPN.  But if it goes to another URL, it doesn't trigger VPN.

Is this possible? What configuration do i need to put on Cisco ASAv?

Appreciated if someone can shed a light on this.

Cheers,

Lee

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I used to implement VPN On Demand a while back when expressways weren't there for IOS devices. I used it once with macOS and it worked with some glitch.
Never tested it back on macOS but I believe it's still working, you can try it out. The only requirement is that authentication is based on certificate only otherwise it's not going to work.

Here a video link that can help: http://www.labminutes.com/sec0136_ssl_vpn_anyconnect_mobile_and_ondemand_vpn_1

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco,

I am planning to use it with Microsoft Intune.  Can that be used for authentication? Or each of the iPhone/iPad needs a certificate from the ASA?

Cheers,

Lee

Nope it'll work only with certificate and no mfa if you want to implement on-demand vpn.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question