Views
Helpful
Replies

FirePower software on Firewall

faizan.mahmood
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

My company has purchased the ASA-5525-x with firepower services. In the Bill of Material i have seen that it come with the firepower software version V5.4.

I want to know that Firepower boot image is already installed on it. or we have to installed on it. Kindly help me in that.

thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

5.4 is pretty old.  You will want to run a newer version, like 6.2.  You'll need a maintenance contract (like SmartNet) on your ASA, and then you can download it.

Note that you also need Firepower Licences (like TAMC) and you'll need a virtual management appliance, such as the Firepower Virtual Management Centre to get a working solution.

If you don't have these then you have an ASA with the capability to run Firepower and you'll need to get the extra bits.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

5.4 is pretty old.  You will want to run a newer version, like 6.2.  You'll need a maintenance contract (like SmartNet) on your ASA, and then you can download it.

Note that you also need Firepower Licences (like TAMC) and you'll need a virtual management appliance, such as the Firepower Virtual Management Centre to get a working solution.

If you don't have these then you have an ASA with the capability to run Firepower and you'll need to get the extra bits.

if you purchase the firewall with the firepower services and SSD drives. The firepower boot image is already installed in it. You just need to recover the image and install the firepower software.package file on it.

You will want to run a newer version, like 6.2.  You'll need a maintenance contract (like SmartNet) on your ASA, and then you can download it.