cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Check If TETRA Update Server Definitions are Current

CiscoCicada
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking to do an in place upgrade of our current TETRA update server from 2016 to 2022. 

After the upgrade is complete how would I determine if the server is pulling down current TETRA updates?

Can I compare the files in C:\Tetra\Signatures to something on Cisco's site?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well everything you need was in my previous post. The latest definition are listed in your AMP Console in the first two pictures. The third picture is your on-perm Tetra server directory where new definitions are being uploaded. The older one will be always replaced with the what used to be newest one and new will be created instead and so on . In other words you will see only 2 at the time.

Note: there is no external site that list definitions besides your AMP Console

Screenshot_3267.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Roman Valenta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes you can. Few places in AMP Console.

#1: You can go to your Management --- >  Computes expand one of your endpoints and once you hover over daily version pop-up will show up showing you the latest version available

Screenshot_3264.png

#2: You can navigate to Management --- > AV Definition Summary and look for the latest version there as well.

1060_531_2.5.png

This should match with your signature folder inside your TETRA folder. Here is picture from mine as you can see only 2 latest version are listed.but the 92852 is among them. In case of fresh install only one definition will be there the latest until new one come around, which is usually 3-5 updates per day  less on weekends and holidays.

870_362_1.png

I know you said you moving from  2016 to 2022 but it should be the same setup as described in this article.

AMP Update Server Configuration Steps

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/amp-endpoints/213237-amp-tetra-on-prem-server-configuration-s.html

Hope this helps

-Roman

Thank you for the information.   

How can I verify if the definition file listed in C:\Tetra\Signatures is the latest version?  Is there reference site for comparison?

Well everything you need was in my previous post. The latest definition are listed in your AMP Console in the first two pictures. The third picture is your on-perm Tetra server directory where new definitions are being uploaded. The older one will be always replaced with the what used to be newest one and new will be created instead and so on . In other words you will see only 2 at the time.

Note: there is no external site that list definitions besides your AMP Console

Screenshot_3267.png