Views
Helpful
Replies

Kmode exception not handled

sv7
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

Getting an Error "Kmode exception not handled" if i install Cisco amp to my windows server 2022.

Pfa snapshot and help me how to resolve it

IMG-20230606-WA0009.jpg

5 Replies 5

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately that isn't enough information to investigate the issue.  I suggest opening a case with TAC so they can investigate the Secure Endpoint logs or the DMP file.  A search online is indicating that the Kmode exception not handled error is typically due to outdated network drivers, so ensuring those are up to date might be another step in the troubleshooting process if you haven't already.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matthew,

This error does not come if i move the computer to server group from User group. But there comes a duplication of same hostname. Can i delete any one hostname which is duplicated.

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you delete the old hostname, it shouldn't cause any problems since that computer should not check in with the server any longer.  You will, however, lose any data associated for that endpoint from the time that it was registered with the Secure Endpoints server.

-Matt

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply. One last question

Is it any way to find out its old hostname or new ?. Also deleting such wont impact production ?

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TAC can help you find the hostname information so opening a case is your best course of action.  If you're deleting a duplicate record for an endpoint that will never again check into the Secure Endpoint server, this should have no impact on production.

-Matt