Views
Helpful
Replies

Language Policy Issue with Cisco Secure Endpoint Connector

yafaa1993
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

I've run into an issue with the Cisco Secure Endpoint Connector on Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1. Specifically, when two users login simultaneously, the policy changes automatically from English to Chinese. Interestingly, once one of the users logs out, the policy reverts to the correct language (English).

I replicated the problem in a test environment by deploying a new instance of Windows Server 2008 R2, and the same behaviour occurred. I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Any insights or suggestions on how to address this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

community.png

3 Replies 3

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does one of those users have Chinese set as their local language?  If so, is it the first or second to log in for your scenario?  Also, is this issue specific to Server 2008 R2? If so, we do not support operating systems that are no longer supported by the vendor.  Even the extended support offered by Microsoft for 2008 R2 expired on January 14, 2020. Support for 2012 is also expired as of October 10, 2023.  If you are seeing this on a newer version, please open a TAC case so we can look at the logs and investigate further.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matthew, 

None of the users have Chinese set as their language. This is only happening with the 2008 R2 servers 

jfredericks
Level 1
Level 1

have seen same on some 2k12r2 app boxes can't get upgraded yet.. running 7.5.15.21611..   just noted again while doing some updates and thought to look it up and found this posting.  have seen it a number of times on the 7.x client over the years, and, no users have Chinese set as their language.  It does appear to happen when their is more than one profile logged in, even though disconnected.  Client also shows status disabled.  Services are running.  If you signout other users and check the client again, status is connected and Policy name shows correctly.  Being 7.5.13 - 17 is still supported, would say this is a bug.