Views
Helpful
Replies

Scheduled Scan Cancellation notification

Kele
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is it possible to receive a notification if a scheduled scan gets cancelled?

I've checked the Events Dashboard but don't see an Event Type to subscribe to for this sort of notification under Computer Scans (this is for a Full scan of the computer).

I can see entries for the scan starting and that it was clean but no indicator that it was cancelled (other than the number of files, processes and directories is lower than would be expected for a full scan).

I've scheduled the full scan to run at a time that would have the least impact on users but need them to retain the option of cancelling it if the performance impact is unacceptable at that time. I would then like to receive a notification that it had been cancelled so that I can schedule a full scan at a time that is convenient. 

Many Thanks

2 Replies 2

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @Kele ,
sorry to say, there is not event shown in the console if an OnDemand Scan gets cancelled.
Greetings,
Thorsten

Thanks @Troja007,

Is this information exposed via any logs then? - locally on the machine would be fine.

I'm thinking I can write something to execute on a scheduled task (to run after the scan would have completed) that I can then get to notify me by other means.

Thanks