Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure endpoint 7.5.1 to 8.0.1 upgrade failure

Hello fellow IT peeps!

I have been doing some testing with deploying 8.0.1 on to some clients that have 7.5.1 and I'm getting mixed results.   I created a new policy to update the client and added 6 PCs to a new group that has the policy assigned to it.  Only 4 of the 6 PC updated without issue.  1 PC had to have the client reinstalled because it would not update the polices and another client is still waiting to install 8.0.1.   

The one waiting, I checked the events and found this "The server name or the complete location for update is not correct. Check your Secure Endpoint Update Server settings in your policy."   I looked at the policy and its update server setting is "upgrades.amp.cisco.com".  

Any pointers on how to fix this?   I don't want to push this out to all my clients if they aren't going to upgrade reliably.  

I do have the option of pushing the software out with a configuration management software (PDQ Deploy), but I'd rather use the cisco cloud application instead. 

2 Replies 2

Well it appears that I was just impatient.  after waiting for many hours it updated twice.   I noticed that it went from 7.5.1 to 7.5.5 to 8.0.1.   Sorry to bother you all.

Hello @AndrewBaxter5543 ,
no worries, glad to hear it is working
Greetings, Thorsten