Helpful
Replies

Secure Endpoint 8.0.1.21164

acdwb
Level 1
Level 1

Two recurring issues with version 8.0.1.21164
1. high memory usage on Windows 10 (several feature packs) and older OS

2. the right click to Scan Now does not bring up the dialogue that shows the progress or results of the scan

5 Replies 5

Divya Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,
1. For your high memory usage please do check few things :
-- Verify what application is causing high CPU on your machine?
-- Check that the machine belongs to which group / policy and verify exclusions for that. Too many exclusions or custom exclusions might also cause that issue
-- you can also check if any path is being scanned a lot and if its any internal application try to exclude and see if that helps.

2. for the Scan now option progress bar
-- does it happen always or is it an intermittent issue?
-- Did you try using different browser / clear cache?
-- in my lab i dont face issue. can you share a screenshot for the same?

-----------------------------------------
You can also learn more about Endpoint Security through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco Endpoint Security ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/cisco-endpoint-security-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394492] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-----------------------------------------

Regards
Divya Jain

ADS_18
Level 1
Level 1

1. We are running on 8.0.1.21164 for quite some time now. Have not experienced it so far.

2. I have the same issue. When I right click any files/folders and click Scan now, nothing comes up showing the scan status. I have no idea what the result of the scan is.

For the scan issue :  -- This could possibly be a cosmetic bug. Have seen this issue on this version. I would recommend opening TAC case and check for same.
It could be bug or maybe there could be a workaround for same.

Roman Valenta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you looking for scan results those moved and are now part of Windows Event Viewer History when it comes to the new Secure Client 8.x.x. For example see this picture bellow. Hope this helped answer your question.Screenshot_2132.png

acdwb
Level 1
Level 1

no one wants to right click to scan now, so they have to open up more menus to find the results, if they are using scan now, they want the results now, I'm not sure why you would think people would want to select scan now and then have to navigate an app menu and event viewer to find their results.