cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exclude Printer From Device Credentials Page

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

The Device Credentials page in my copy of FindIT is picking up my network printer and asking for SNMP credentials. My network printer doesn't support SNMP. Is there a way to exclude the printer from appearing in the Device Credentials page?

Also, when will FindIT support the CBW240AC WAP so it can be managed through FindIT?

Thanks!

Nathan Parker
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you can just ignore the entry on the credential page.  It doesn't cause any problems.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nathan,

Are you positive the printer does not support SNMP?  FindIT should not be asking for SNMP credentials for the device unless it has detected an SNMP service running.  If you search for the printer in the inventory and click on it, you should be able to see the detected services in the info panel if you scroll down a bit.  If SNMP has been detected, there's not way to exclude the printer from the devices needing credential table, but it won't cause any problems there either.  If the credentials needed notification is a concern, you can click the acknowledge button to dismiss it.

As for the CBW access points, support for them is coming with Cisco Business Dashboard when it releases later this month.  After it it is released, you should see a notification in the FindIT GUI allowing you to click to update to Dashboard.  The update works the same as FindIT updates did previously, and all your configuration, licenses and historical data will be preserved through the upgrade.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi there!

To my knowledge, I didn't think it did (nothing in the specs mention it), but maybe it does.

I found it in Inventory and did the Acknowledgment. From there do I just ignore it under the SNMP credentials page?

Good to know on the CBW AP. That upgrade should go smoothly.

Thanks again!

Nathan Parker

Yes, you can just ignore the entry on the credential page.  It doesn't cause any problems.

Cheers,

Dave.

Perfect. Thanks!

Nathan Parker