Views
Helpful
Replies

FTD Installing updates manually via CLI not taking effect

NeerajS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team

We have an ASA running FTD 6.2.3 and managed via FDM . Recently i installed the SRU, VDB and GEO updates manually via the Firepower CLI of the firewall.  The install of each .sh file completed successfully. 

I have also verified in the /var/log/sf/<patch-name >/status.log ,  it shows “Install completed successfully” for all 3 – SRU, GEO and VDB.  However, the   FDM Web UI, doesn't show these 3 as updated. They are still showing old version numbers which were there prior to running the update.  Reboot did not resolve the issue.  Is  there any other command to deploy these successfully ?

I have used "install_update.pl --detach <patch-filename.sh>" to install these in the /var/sf/updates.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

phil.hydea
Level 1
Level 1

Hi NeerajS

On the FTD CLI, can you run show version and check what the output is please?

Kind regards

Phil

FTD Cli shows the latest version as per whatever i updated but the FDM web UI doesn't .

Updates are installed via cli and its not reflecting in GUI even after a reboot. i think It may be a cosmetic bug. Or try installing the next update via GUI and see.

HTH
Abheesh
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: