cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I convert unregistered perpetual license to smart license for a Cisco FirePower FTD2110 with no internet access?

silo138
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased the FTD2110 back in October and upgraded the software to allow BGP, version 6.2.2. Then after a few months the perpetual license unregistered. I just need the base license for the device currently, do I need a service contract or can I use my smart license account to create a token for it (tried and it would not take) 

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What license specifically are you seeing as expired?

A Firepower 2110 running the FTD image has the option of Threat Defense, URL Filtering and Malware licenses - all of them term licenses of 1, 3 or 5-years.

Marvin thanks for the reply but my issue is actually the base license which allows simple routing and ACLs. That is the perpetual license I am referring too, it somehow became unregistered saying that it was unregistered by user and the TAC team keeps sending me to smart licensing to fix it but I'm at a loss.

Ah OK - the base license. That should be automatically added to FMC for every FTD device that you register.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/601/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v601/Licensing_the_Firepower_System.html#reference_A00D8504BBA84A27B07B74014AA7337A

They are not Smart licenses per se and won't show up in the Smart licensing portal. (I confirmed this with mine just now.) So the TAC is incorrect in referring you to the Smart licensing team.

Can you confirm that your FMC is registered to and authorized by the Smart server? If it is, can you try de-registering and re-adding your FTD device?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card