cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA and uploading with SCP

nikolaj.joeker
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bunch of ASA's which I want to backup.

My goal is to use the "backup" command with a SCP location:

"backup /noconfirm location scp://<username>:<password>@<SCP-server-IP>/"

The backup is performed, and a SCP session and filecopy is started (according to the SCP servers log), but after a while, it fails:

Compressing the backup directory ... Done!
Copying Backup ...
%Error writing scp://xxxxxxx:yyyyyyy@IP-address//filename.tar.gz (Resource temporarily unavailable)ERROR: Resource temporarily unavailable
Failed!
Cleaning up ... Done!
ERROR: Backup failed!

If I do a "copy disk0:/<some file> scp://<username>:<password>@<SCP-server-IP>/<some file>" it also fails.

I have verified the credentials by using FileZilla to upload a file to the same folder on SCP server.

Problem is the same on ASA 9.6(4) and 9.9(2)

NOTE: If I allow FTP login on the SCP server, and use "FTP://" location, it works.

Any help is appreciated.

regards,

Nikolaj

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
Just to make sure it's not a routing issue or asa using the bad interface, can you add the following at the end of your copy statement:
;int=interface_name

Can you run a packet-tracer over client using your scp server as destination to see if something and what is blocking the scp?

Are you trying to automate these backups? If so, i would encourage using the api which more reliable :-)

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I did specify the interface.

Routing and ACL must be okay, as I see the SCP session and SCP command on the SSH server.

Ok if you see something on your server, do you have any logs or tcpdump to see what's failing?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card