cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA stay in boot loop and generates error "ERROR: FIPS Self-Test failure, fipsPostRsaKat [0:1:-1:-1:0]" using asa931-smp-k8.bin

CSC012494389
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Security Team,

My Name is Moustapha I am Network Admin in Small Company and i am using Cisco ASA 5515-x i want to add a new I/O  Slot ASA-IC-6GE-SFP-A MODULE or 6 extra interfaces and when i fix the module properly and i restart the ASA i am facing this issue

my issue is :

ASA stay in boot loop and generates error
"ERROR: FIPS Self-Test failure, fipsPostRsaKat [0:1:-1:-1:0]".

i am using CISCO IOS: asa931-smp-k8.bin

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello; 

Do you need to strictly enable FIPS? If not, once you disable the feature, the device will boot just fine. 

no fips enable

I know this may be kind of silly to ask if the device is stuck on a boot loop, but you can try to boot it up with no config and then disable the command and boot it again. 

Mike. 

Mike

Hello

I have inserted the module to my running ASA 5515 The device seems to be compatible with my ASA .But when power to the device on i have this problem

"ERROR: FIPS Self-Test failure, fipsPostRsaKat [0:1:-1:-1:0]".

I have disabled the FIPS with no fips enable command and reloaded ,i have no difference

I need an urgent help

Thanks in advance

Hi;

This seems to be the exact issue: 

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw26415/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Can you quickly try upgrading to 9.4.1-5? If it does not work, please contact Cisco TAC as this is an open bug. 

Mike. 

Mike
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card