cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5500 Series Rebuild From Backup

nikotgi
Level 1
Level 1

We've got an issue with one of our ASA's where it's AAA configuration was previously setup incorrectly leaving us unable to manage the firewall remotely. Basically, someone forgot to add the local method at the end of an AAA method config line, and specified the wrong TACACs/RADIUS server too in the same line, which means there's currently no way to login remotely or via console (same thing applied to serial console line). The way I see it is that we'll have to go to site, password reset the unit and rebuild it's config from scratch. I've rebuild switches from scratch before, but I've never had to rebuild ASAs and I'm a little apprehensive. I'm aware that with switches you can simply paste all of the config backup, but you must remember to manually re-enter the command to generate crypto keys for SSH. Is there anything like this required, any caveats or gotcha's for rebuilding an ASA ? The unit is a standalone 5500 series unit (non HA failover pair), and it is used to terminate IPSEC Site-to-Site VPNs.

0 Replies 0