desc CONTEXT1 - outside

vlan 107

!

context CONTEXT1

allocate-interface Port-channel10.106 int1 visible

!

context CONTEXT2

allocate-interface Port-channel10.107 int1 visible

I am wanting to change the connection on my ASAs and use G0/2 and G0/3 in addition to G0/0 and G0/1.  I will put G0/2 and G0/3 into Po11 and create the sub-interfaces.  My question is within the context can I simply put in the following commands to change the allocated interfaces without impacting or losing parts of the context configuration that references those int1 interfaces.  Here is what I want to change them to:

context CONTEXT1

allocate-interface Port-channel11.106 int1 visible

!

context CONTEXT2

allocate-interface Port-channel11.107 int1 visible

Will that work or do I have to put in NO allocate-interface Port-channel10.106 int1 visible first and it I put in the NO command do I lose any other configuration within the context that references the int1 interface.

1 Reply 1

I never tried this configuration work. however, worked many time and did configuration on the context ASA.

if you do remove the command. for example,

Context Alpha

allocate-interface gig0/0

allocate-interface gig0/1

no allocate-interface gig0/0

config-url disk0:/Alpha.cfg  

so lets walk though on the above config. The cfg configuration is kept in asa flash. in case if you give command no allocate-interface gig0/0 in that case your nat/interface configuration in the context will be gone. (I assume so, I never tested this). for the allocate-interface gig0/1 you have to do the nat/interface configuration in the context.

also make sure you do issue the command config-url disk0:/Alpha.cfg.

Also take away is make sure you have a configuration of the firewall of the each context in case if you have to revert back. get the change window in place. than do it.

please do not forget to rate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: