Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisoc Copy Command IOError

hellstorm2004
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I created a servlet application to receive configurations from a CISCO router. So I i am trying to run the command:

copy system:running-config http://IP:PORT/REST_OF_THE_URL

But when I run the command on the router:

I get the error:

%Error writing http://IP:PORT/REST_OF_THE_URL (I/O error)

I checked the logs of the servlet application, it seems that calls from the router are not even reaching it. Is there any way to troubleshoot this. There is no error message on the router, apart from IOError which doesn't tell me the reason for the failure.

I am testing on ASR1002 running on IOS 15.5(3)S1a.

I am somewhat new to CISCO routers. So I can hardly say that this is cup of tea. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

MaxShantar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like a connectivity issue...

• Check the connectivity between the router and the servlet application: Make sure that the router and the servlet application are on the same network and can communicate with each other. You can try pinging the IP address of the servlet application from the router to test the connectivity.
  • Check the firewall settings: Make sure that the firewall on the router or on the network where the servlet application is hosted is not blocking the connection to the servlet application.
  • Check the URL: Make sure that the URL you are using in the copy command is correct. You may want to try accessing the URL from a web browser to make sure that it is reachable and the servlet application is running properly.
  • Check the servlet application logs: Check the logs of the servlet application to see if there are any errors or messages that could give you a clue about the issue.
  • Check the IOS version: Make sure that you are using a compatible version of IOS on the router. You can check the documentation for the copy command to see if it is supported on the IOS version you are using.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@hellstorm2004 wrote:
(I/O error)

This error message usually appears when the appliance do not know which IP address to send FROM.  

Try TFTP first and then instruct the router the TFTP source interface:  ip tftp source-interface <INTERFACE or VLAN>