Views
Helpful
Replies

Python Sandbox on Catalyst 9300 hangs

AngryEyebrows
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Trying out the Python sandbox on a Catalyst 9300 switch running 16.12.4 code. This is a real word device (not sandbox)

I have enabled the guestshell using the guide here  and also enabled gnmi (which is missing form the guide but required for the NETCONF Sandbox)

Whenever I enter any command, whether it is CLI execution or CLI configuration and hit run. the 'Python Script Output' will just show a continuous load symbol and never do anything. If I do a config command I have confirmed that this does not get added to the device config. 

Any ideas?

Have tried in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge (yes i know they're both Chromium based but its all i have installed)

3 Replies 3

@AngryEyebrows you are referring to the The "Open NX-OS Programmability" Always On Sandbox  (sbx-nxos-mgmt.cisco.com) if i am not mistake. I would have thought your issues is twofold. The first being this is an 'always on' sandbox, as such at times high usage and consumption happens as many people will be using this, this would impact the perform when running commands as you have shown 'show run' which will consumes a large chunk of mem/cpu from the virtual platform this is sat on - couple that with the first item, this could be the issue. Two work around are possible, grab one of the reservable Nexus Sandbox, which would be only you using for the duration of the reservation or you can download the Nexus image and run this in VirtualBox/Vagrant for testing purpose, if your PC/Laptop has enough power, you can run two Nexus 9000v devices.

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

AngryEyebrows
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @bigevilbeard thank you for your response. I realize I haven't been clear enough about the model here which I have now rectified by editing the topic.

To clarify:

• This is on a Catalyst 9300, so IOS-XE and not NX-OS
  • This is on a real world device running in a dev setup, not a sandbox

Gah sorry @AngryEyebrows i saw sandbox, but did not look where in the community you had posted. Thats an interesting issue there (pretty sure its not a feature!), what does the CPU look like on the devices when running this, odd why its just hanging. I would certainly raise this with TAC, see if this issue a known bug.

Sorry i could not be of further help here.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io