Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Server Not Running Cisco ISE

JunaidM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I am struggling with a problem my CIsco ISE it is showing me "show application status ise" as in Application Server --> Not Running

I have tried below:
- Restarted ISE
- # application stop ise
- # application start ise
- # application start ise safe

Any idea please how it can be fixed.
Specs are 8GB RAM / HDD 200GB / 4 vCPUs (Processor)

3 Replies 3

Milos_Jovanovic
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @JunaidM,

Which version are you running? I've recently became aware that VM resizing in v3.2 is not working for me, as it used to work with previous releases. I was unable to deploy it with less than 16 vCPU and 32GB of RAM. Each time I tried to reduce it after successful deployment, I ended up with services not running. I was unable to find explanation in documentation, so I assumed ISE introduced some hard HW check when starting services or similar. Try with increasing of VM resources and test then.

Kind regards,

Milos

JunaidM
Level 1
Level 1

Actually yeah I tried with everything but could not find the solution so I just redeployed it for me it is running in virtual environment 2.4 it's old version. After redeploying it is fixed.

Currently I am stuck with the NTP as the ISE is not catching the correct timezone and am not able to integrate my AD because of that 

Error Name: LW_ERROR_CLOCK_SKEW Error Code: 40087

do you have any information how to troubleshoot and fix this?

JunaidM
Level 1
Level 1

It was something related to the time which I checked it was same on Windows Server and ISE as it was in sync but did not work.

After updating my country specifically and not UTC it got integrated perfectly.