Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration CISCO ISE with OKTA Radius

Hello !

I open this converstaion in order to know if is there any configuration guide for the Cisco ISE (2.7) to work with the OKTA, currently we are struggling to get this done, because the Okta Agent show us Invalid credentials, I use an ASA to establish the vpn for the end-users, a Cisco ISE and a Linux server for the OKTA agent, no communication issues, only the 'Invalid credentials'. I don't receive the push on the OKTA verify app in my mobile, however, when I run a test with the NTRadPing Test Utility it's good, the agent it's working fine, we suspect that something is missing or wrong in the ISE.

OKTA Agent 2.19

Cisco ISE 2.7

CISCP ASA 9.14(1)

3 Replies 3

Vikas K
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Victor,

At present, how ISE integrates with Okta agent? Is it under External RADIUS Server? Okta has RADIUS and LDAP interface, i just to understand which interface ISE integrates to and how in you current setup.

Hello Vikas, 

Thank you for your response, I already solved this problem, just FYI, we are using a External Radius Server for the OKTA MFA, the ISE is pointing directly to this Radius Server, and it send the request to the Okta cloud through a proxy server, the response returns to the Radius server, then it forwards it to the ISE and finally to the ASA and the VPN it's established.

Hello Victor,

Good to know that the problem is solved. Let us know if there is anything else. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------
If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about ISE through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/cisco-endpoint-security-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394492] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.
-------------------------------------------------------------