cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

52/53 week year

Michelle Morris
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a client who uses a modified 52/53 week year.  The first day of their "year" is a Monday.  Their weeks always end on Sunday.  They group 4 weeks into a Period.  They group 3 periods into a Quarter except the last quarter that has 4 periods.  Every 6ish years, they make up for the leap days by adding a 14th week to Period 13 giving Quarter 4 13 weeks instead of 12.

This is a calendar I have seen at other places...way before I started using Tidal.  So I am surprised there isn't a built-in method of setting this type of calendar up.

Does anyone here use a 52/53 week calendar in this way?  How did you build out your "weeks"/periods/"quarters"?

I haven't not reached out to Tidal Support and have not created an Enhancement request...yet.

Thanks in Advance!

Michelle Morris                  

2 Replies 2

MTStidal2010
Level 1
Level 1

We are falling into the same issue.  We need to set up our new Fiscal calendar with the 4 quarters and the first quarter being 4/5/5.  I talked to Tidal on this and only way is when creating the new Fiscal calendar is to not choose a fixed data but choose the correct start Month and day and the Quarter breakdown which for the other 3 quarters of mine is 4-4-5.  This way you can right click on the Fiscal calendar created and Modify the calender to update the fiscal year and quarter you want to change the breakdown to as mine is for first quarter 4-5-5.  The only question I was concerned about was for the modify screen is the Year to Change the calendar youre of the quarter or the fiscal year?  I hoped I help with you question.

Thank you
Debbie Cole

Heya Michelle,

We are the same way as Debbie mentioned and we had to deal with this last year.  This is the instruction we give our on-call to handle this next time, in addition to having a tidal job that notifies us when to watch out for this:  We compile 3 days ahead so this has to be taken into account when we change the start day.

In Tidal, we have the WFM Week 1-4 M-S defined to recur every 4 weeks.  We need to manually update the start date of these calendars to account for the week 5 that occurs every 5-6 years.  What needs to be done:

• Monday before week 5, the start date for WFM Week 1-3 M-S will be updated for the next week 1-3.

• Monday of week 5, the state date for WFM Week 4 M-S will be updated for the next week 4.

This needs to be done for both Tidal DEV and Tidal FIN.

We do not update all the calendars at one time.  The reason for this follows:

• If unchanged, the WFM Week 1 M-S calendar will incorrectly start on September 24, 2018.

• Jobs are compiled ahead of time, so updating WFM Week 1 M-S calendar at least a week ahead of time reduces risk of impacting job compilation.

• WFM Week 1 M-S calendar should be updated no later than the Monday before week 5 (September 17, 2018).

• Cannot update WFM Week 4 M-S calendar until after week is complete (September 23, 2018).

• WFM Week 4 M-S calendar should be updated no sooner than Monday of week 5 (September 24, 2018).

• WFM Week 2 M-S and WFM Week 3 M-S calendars can be updated after their respective weeks are complete.

• WFM Week 2 M-S and WFM Week 3 M-S calendars can be updated with either of the other calendar updates.

UPDATE 10/2012 - Uncovered issue with changes not taking for dependent calendars unless 'Recalculate Calendars' is issued.  SO next time, we might want to verify with Vendor if we need to issue a recalculate calendar after the modifications depending on the Tidal version we are on.  We can also see if we need to do it when a dependent calendar is not automatically adjusted to reflect the change we made.

What to expect:

Notification goes out on September 17, 2018.

• WFM Week 1 M-S - Apps and Tools updated to start on October 1, 2018.

• WFM Week 2 M-S - Apps and Tools updated to start on October 8, 2018.

• WFM Week 3 M-S - Apps and Tools updated to start on October 15, 2018.

Notification goes out on September 24, 2018.

• WFM Week 4 M-S - Apps and Tools updated to start on October 22, 2018.