Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a dependency to a job in the current schedule

wantill01
Level 1
Level 1

I'll try to explain this as best I can.

Let's say I have JOB A, and its normally scheduled to run daily, and its out there for today.  I then get an adhoc request to run JOB B, off it's normal schedule, today.  I really need to have JOB B wait for JOB A to complete, since these are not normally run together. 

What I'd like to know is, would there be a way to add a dependency to the adhoc JOB B in the 'current' schedule?  I'm not looking to make a permanent change but I'd like to be able to add a dependency 'on the fly'.  Currently the job would have to be either held (manual release) or set to a time later than JOB A would normally finish (not reliable).

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Tyler Theobald
Level 1
Level 1

No, you've never been able to add job dependencies on the fly, though that would make a nice enhancement request.  If you see this as a recurring need you may have, then you should submit it through tech support. 

I kinda figured that was the case.

Is there a best way to put in this request?  I know there are times where one method is preferred over another for requests.

Thanks,

The easiest way I've found to open cases with cisco is via email.  Here's the template I use. 

-----------

To:  tac@cisco.com

Subject:  TES Enhancement: ______________________

Cisco userid  = <......>
Serial # = none
Cisco contract #  <........>
Problem Category: Data Center Management and Automation
Problem Subcategory: Tidal Enterprise Scheduler
Version: <.....>

<description>