Views
Helpful
Replies

CSP provisioning: No gateway configured

otavio.augusto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all

I've just installed CIAC 3.1.1 and tried to provision a machine and install a Linux OS (through CSP). The machine is delivered with all network information configured correctly BUT the gateway. The distro I'm using is CentOS 5.8 x86_64 Linux - centos5_8_x86_64.

- The command route -n shows the gateway for my network was not set;

- At orchestrator, I tracked the gateway value until the final node of the provisioning process. So, the value is not empty.

Any hints?

Regards

2 Replies 2

meisenst
Level 4
Level 4

This is passed to the kickstart script that is run at install time.  If you look at CSP, you should be able to see the configuration of the provisioning profile before it's deleted by automation to see if the value got passed to the profile.

The next step after that is to figure out why the machine didn't run the script to set the network setting.

Preboot can be kind of a murky area to troubleshoot.

Not sure if that is a bug but I noticed the Provisioning Role Template had the following instructions:

NETWORK="${CLIENTLAN}.0"

So, if I have a network different from /8, /16 and /24, my network configuration will fail. In my particular case, my network is /26

I solved this by removing the line mentioned above. The OS doesn't need it. NIC is being correctly configured now.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card