Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues when using nsapi - error 505

slacentra
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

we are implementing an interface leveraging newscale (9.3) REST APIs but we are experiencing problems with some methods.

For example when calling for having as answer the services list:

http://[hostname]:8088/RequestCenter/nsapi/definition/servicedefs

we get a "505 Server Error".

What we are observing is that some RESTs are OK while some others seem to be broken.

Any of you experienced anything like this?

3 Replies 3

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That relates to this issue: http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E505.html

Are you piecing this together bit by bit or doing CIAC stuff?

Can you get this all to work in something like SOAP UI?

You can open a TAC case to review if you have a support contract or are internal.

-Shaun Roberts

CPO/CIAC Support Team Lead

shaurobe@cisco.com

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

I'm sorry, I misspelled the title...thinking of error 404...The error I am getting is 500, that is Internal Server Error.

Actually, in our scenario:

a) Newscale is acting as the engine (service catalog, ecc, ecc)

b) Tidal is doing its job as the orchestrator

Now we are trying to build up a "user-friendly" interface (nice design) upon newscale using REST APIs to get infos and put infos back and forth newscale which is below...

...unfortunately some calls fail...and we are wondering why...

Any clue?

Well there could be lots of reasons. 404 is page not found, but could be other things.

The above you mention is what CIAC does out of the box, so is there a reason to not use that content and just build off of what is already written? (kind of why re-invent the wheel so to speak)

Also would be curious if your 404s or 500s are showing in Service Link or in CPO.

These forums are not the best place to troubleshoot a deep issue so please open a TAC Support case with your service contract and someone on my team will assist you.

thanks,

-Shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com