Views
Helpful
Replies

Service item data could not be created.

otavio.augusto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I'm trying to add networks to my fresh IAC 3.1 installation but it does not work. All the other steps prior to adding the networks have worked fine but for some reason, something weird is happening here only when trying to add a new network. Please find attached two screen shots from the PO presenting the error message. More details below:

The form for adding a new network at the portal shows up correctly. The drop down lists are filled with information retrieved from the infrastructure discovery process, which seems to work fine. I fill in the other fields and press submit.

The request gets to the PO and PO starts executing the activity called "Add Network Handler". It has a subactivity called "Add Network", which invokes "Create Service Items from Table" and this is where it fails with the message "Service item data could not be created.".

Then, I started researching every layer until I got to the database table that should store the data about the new VLan service item (by the way, a table called RCUSER.SIVLANINSTANCE in my Oracle installation).

My requisition reaches the database and even attempts to execute the insert statement but data simply isn't inserted. I can manually insert data if I copy and paste the insert statement and execute it with some fake data (looks like the database doesn't implement any constraints and data integrity is controlled by the application).

I see no reason for the failure of that insert statement. I assume the activity I'm trying to perform attempts to insert data on further tables. Would any of these further tables have a problem and possibly triggering a rollback?

Again: any other activity I try to perform at the portal and generates a process to be executed at the orchestrator is successfully executed. Data can be inserted at the database. I have plenty of space available on it.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

/O

Otavio Augusto

2 Replies 2

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could be issues with the naspiuser? Is your connection to CCP setup correctly in CPO?

If you need deeper help open a TAC case with your service contract.

-shaun

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Neil.MacLean
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Otavio,

I know it's been a while since you reported this issue, but did you ever get it resolved?  What were the troubleshooting steps and, hopefully, solution?  I am currently experiencing the same behaviour in my lab environment.  I can view/read SI tables via 'Find Service Items' activity, but any time I try to update or create I get the "Service item data could not be created" error.

Thank you,

Neil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: