cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal 6.2 File dependency

Bruce Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Have a job that runs every time a file dependency is met.  The files come every 10 minutes, but there are times during the day, where the job stops running even though there are file to process.   Trying to figure out what might be causing the job to run fine for a period and then stop rerunning, when a file arrives.  By the time we see this, there may be 10 or more files backed up to process.  We just moved to Tidal 6.2 in October, and this has been intermittent on this one particular job.  I think it may be a timing issue.  Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bruce

I haven't seen this problem - we run 6.2.1.

A good place to look for info is the agent log.

View solution in original post

I think we resolved this problem.  Not a Tidal issue,  it appears that the files don't come in every 10 minutes, but vary at times.  There are times during the day when a file is sent within a few minutes of each other, while Tidal is processing the file file, the script has not moved the original file out of the way, and I believe what happens, is Tidal never has a point that it does not see a file, so once the job completes, even though a new file arrives,  Tidal still thinks it is the file already processed.  We have made a work around, and we seem to have solved the issue.   Thanks all. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi Bruce

I haven't seen this problem - we run 6.2.1.

A good place to look for info is the agent log.

I think we resolved this problem.  Not a Tidal issue,  it appears that the files don't come in every 10 minutes, but vary at times.  There are times during the day when a file is sent within a few minutes of each other, while Tidal is processing the file file, the script has not moved the original file out of the way, and I believe what happens, is Tidal never has a point that it does not see a file, so once the job completes, even though a new file arrives,  Tidal still thinks it is the file already processed.  We have made a work around, and we seem to have solved the issue.   Thanks all. 

Is the file arriving on a network location or local folder where the agent is running ? If it is network, I would try using a local folder.

In 6.1, while watching files on network(file event), we used to have situations where the agent would still show as running, but the file watching did not work. Turned out to be a Windows agent issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: