cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal 6.3.3: inserting a job into the schedule via web interface works; the same via API returns an error

I have a dummy job created that I can insert into today's schedule and watch run with no issues. When I try to do the same using the sample form in the API Docs area for method JobRun.Insert, I get back a large java exception the only clear information I can derive from which is this:

Caused by exception:java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException reason: description:Job(s) start date is not part of compiled schedule.

The values I'm passing in the form are these, just the same as when I add the job in the web interface:

id	872280
startdate	03012019
fromtime	12:00 AM
untiltime	11:45 PM
params	-lrt
vars	
deps	
usejobtz	N

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated--my team sees a lot of potential in the API provided but getting it working is proving to be challenging.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Update -- It would appear that this is because the API expects the datestamp to be in the form of yyyymmdd and fromtime and untiltime fields expect a timestamp in the form of hhmm in 24h style, rather than the hh:mm AM/PM used in the gui

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Update -- It would appear that this is because the API expects the datestamp to be in the form of yyyymmdd and fromtime and untiltime fields expect a timestamp in the form of hhmm in 24h style, rather than the hh:mm AM/PM used in the gui

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: