cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tidal java client 'profile'? Is it possible to create a script to start up TES for one environment w/1 click?

Dave.Carnahan
Level 1
Level 1

[Thought I'd created this discussion 15 minutes ago, but can't seem to find it, so trying this again...]

Question:

Is there a method (on a Windows workstation) to start up the TES Java client with 1-click and be launched immediately into (for example) a Job Activity screen using my AD credentials? 

My current startup command line is:

"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java" -ea -Xmx8192m -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -classpath "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\jfxrt.jar";"C:\Program Files\TIDAL\TES Java Client\lib\*" com.cisco.tes.client.ClientApp

Thanks in advance-

4 Replies 4

Dave.Carnahan
Level 1
Level 1

This is for a TES  / Java / v6.2.1.415 version on a Windows 7 box.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

Sorry, can't do it for Windows...at the very least you will need 2 clicks ;-) But you should be able to copy that snippet of the command line and paste that into a text file then save as .bat -- place the saved .bat file onto your desktop, then voila. To get to your activity screen automatically then you would have to configure Tidal to Save on Exit. Hmmm...but you are also looking for some sort of pass through authentication without having to enter your credentials each time, right?

BR,

Derrick Au

[1] 'you are also looking for some sort of pass through authentication without having to enter your credentials each time, right?'    Exactly...

[2] I have the content of this - '"C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java" -ea -Xmx8192m -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -classpath "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\jfxrt.jar";"C:\Program Files\TIDAL\TES Java Client\lib\*" com.cisco.tes.client.ClientApp'

in the properties of a task bar icon, so I can do a 1-click for the startup portion, which creates a minimized Java session, then the console / application layer is where I authenticate.
(Also side note: the minimized Java session must stay active throughout any Tidal session as a requirement (I guess that's just the Java requirement)).

-

But looking for a potential method to allow the Tidal session to consume my credentials (and Tidal environment) from somewhere (locally) I maintain on my secure workstation.

=>Not exactly the highest thing on my list, but was interested to know if anyone had addressed the issue successfully.

Thanks for asking-

I would be happy with just being able to provide the Tidal Environment (rather than the drop down box).  We have a DEV, Test and Production environment and would like to have separate short-cuts for each environment.  Primary reason for the separate short-cuts is to provide separate clients when we are testing a new patch.

As for the Java window, we suppressed that by changing the script to:

SET TESCLIENTDIR=%CD%

START javaw.exe -ea -Xmx8192m -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -classpath ..\lib\jfxrt.jar;"%TESCLIENTDIR%\lib\*" com.cisco.tes.client.ClientApp