Helpful
Replies

Unable to access TES Client GUI

gregoryyoung1
Level 1
Level 1

Version: TES 6.2.1.215

Platform: Linux

Completed installation of the Client Manager, but when attempting to bring up TES Web Client we continue to receive error message:

Sorry, you do not have permission to use this application. Please contact your system administrator, request the necessary privileges and try again.

If you want to login as another user, please close all browser windows first and try again.

The TES Web Clients in our other environments are operational. Which system administrator should we be contacting?

The Master's version is 6.2.1.38

Gregory young

7 Replies 7

Have you tried login from different browsers ? Mozilla and IE may be.

Since you mentioned installation, I am assuming you are logging in as superuser account.

Generally there will be entries in the logs to indicate why the login failed. Do you see any ?

You can also try doing a File -> Logout from the CM UI to explicitly logout of the user and try logging in again

Yes Dinesh, we have tried both Mozilla Firefox and IE and we get the same results with both. Since we get this error the CM UI is not showing at all so there is no way for us to logout or in. I noticed on the URL when the error appears, the end of the URL changes to this: 8080/client/plugins/tes-6.2-dev/unauthorized.html from :8080/client/console.html?locale=en. Any suggestions?

Any error entries in the log files on CM or Master ?

Can you see the entries in the usrmst table for the super user account with the flag usrmst_suser set to Y ?

Joe Fletcher
Level 1
Level 1

What datastore are you using for your authentication; AD or LDAP?

We have resolved the issue as the Tidal schema did not get created and authenticated to the database. Once we were able to get the schema authenticated the GUI became accessible. I would like to thank everyone who responded as all your suggestions were very helpful.

To answer a few questions.

Our datastore is AD and database Oracle.

There were no error entries in the log files on CM or Master.

And before the resolution we did not see entries in the usrmst table.

Hi gregory!

I know this has been quite a while but we are facing this same error after the upgrade.

The login worked but at some point during the CM sync, the users must have become corrupt.

Wanted to see what you meant when you said you were able to authenticate the schema? 

Thanks for your help.

-Amir

Are you using Oracle database as well ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card