cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unhandled exception error when running exe with tidal agent.

Bill Slobodnik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an executable running on a windows 2008 server with a tidal windows agent.  The job has run fine up until a recent code change to the exe, now the job fails immediately with the error below.

Normally in this case I would just blame the programmer J, but in this case if the exe is run locally, or on the windows task scheduler there is no issue.  

The Windows agent is running using the localsystem account and running dozens of other jobs without issue. 

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'jobname.ModStart' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800401F0): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00000514-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4} failed due to the following error: 800401f0.

at DataAccess.DataAccess..ctor()

at lntEvtEngine.lntEvtEngine..ctor(String Database)

at jobname.ModStart..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at jobname.ModStart.Main()

2 Replies 2

Dave.Carnahan
Level 1
Level 1

Methods for debugging your execution issues:

Did you try Googling the messages? Or parts of it?

If you go to Cisco's Help support, be armed and ready to have agent logs.

I'm finding 'some' jobs need a true DOS shell to cleanly get thru Tidal, which is unfortunate, I like to layer a shell between Tidal and the actual job to understand the environment - especially if you're running off Tidal agent lists to understand where it ran.

If its at the agent level, did you look at the Window event logs (application and system) to try and find anything running at this time?

Also, if you're as segmented as my shop, another 'support' group could have patched part of .Net, SQL or Windows, that might be throwing a monkey wrench into the workflow. We have dba, network, server, security units, multiple development projects and units (along with consultants coming and going) and then there's what I'm doing with Tidal. (whew...)

You're probably going to need to know more from the developer about what resources this person's job needs and go from there. Just belly up and level with them to get insight, but don't act like you don't care, because then you'll loose the ultimate customer paying for all of this...

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.... (where'd I hear that one before?)

Thanks Dave, the solution was my fallback when I run out of options, rebuild the job and everything ran fine.