Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Openstack Cloud Account in Workload Manager

anusha akula
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have installed CloudCenter Suite 5.0 in a VMware environment, able to add the cloud accounts for the following clouds (AWS, Azure,VMware).  While trying to create cloud account for the Openstack region, it fails with the error "Failed to validate cloud account.  Cloud account is not valid.  Invalid credentials provided"

On the Openstack environment, keystone service is able to generate the authentication token using the admin credentials.  

I am not able to figure out where the connection goes wrong.  Looking forward for the help, thanks in advance.

9 Replies 9

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the openstack blade pod running? Did you look into it for any errors?

Are you using the proper username/password combo and is your region "running/ready"?

You can open a TAC case if you need an engineer to take a deeper look as well.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Hi Shaun,
The credentials are valid, I verified on the Openstack side. On the workload manager, openstack region is in Running status.
I was investigating into the kibona logs to find the traces about the issue but didn't get any definite log. So where can I details logs for this particular issue?

stream logs via something like

kuebctl -n cisco logs -f <cloudblade-openstack-pod>

Then do work in the UI to add things and see if you get errors.

And if you cannot get anything there, then open a TAC case.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Hi Shaun,

Thank you for your prompt responses.   I found this log "Call to getAccountDetails API is not successful, Credentials are invalid or the cloud could not be reached".  Yet one thing is weird, I am able to connect to same Openstack Cloud using the same credentials from the Suite Installer.

Pleas find the attached the screenshot

Screenshot (211).png

It means the API call being invoked... either the endpoint cannot be hit or the creds are bad. Assuming creds are ok, then there is a deeper issue in the cluster. This is not something you can really troubleshoot over forum as much. You need to open a TAC case and get on a webex to review your CCS cluster. Could be DNS issues in cluster, could be Host issues with the nodes, could be networking pod issues. Could be an actual bug... the list goes on and on :) So again, not something that can probably be fixed on this thread, you need to open a TAC case and work with the support team.

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Hi Shaun,

Finally we found light for the issue, a upgrade of workload manager from 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 solved our issue.  Openstack Queens is effective from Workload Manager 5.0.1 and Cost Optimizer 5.0.1

Thanks for your guidance and really grateful for your efforts towards solving the issue.

https://docs.cloudcenter.cisco.com/display/WORKLOADMANAGER/Datacenters+and+Private+Clouds

Excellent! 5.1 just came out too... so you can upgrade further if you like :)
--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com

Emawalker73268
Level 1
Level 1

Finally we discovered mild for the problem, a upgrade of workload supervisor from 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 solved our issue. Openstack Queens is effective from Workload Manager enjoy like nespresso coffee five.0.1 and Cost Optimizer 5.Zero.1

Sullivaan
Level 1
Level 1

Red Hat OpenStack Platform gives you the features and functions to construct a scalable, flexible cloud environment based on proven, integrated technologies from the core to the edge. OpenStack is ideal for both core and edge computing Activate MyPrepaidCenter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: