cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 3.2 randomly stops authenticating users.

RRTUBB
Level 1
Level 1

I need advice on troubleshooting ACS 3.2. The ACS 3.2 randomly stops authenticating users. No apparent reason, no changes to the network are known.

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

To resolve this issue I would suggest that you backup your ACS database and re-install ACS again. Once this is done, it should work, else look at the logs to find out the reason for not authenticating users. It could be a external database problem too.

I looked through all the logs, I wish there was more public information available about the logs. I don't see any error messages in the log. It seems like it fails when a user from a different domain tries to authenticate. WHich leads me to believe it is a Windows issue. But it doesn't explain why ACS stops authenticating all users.

Acs hsa been working for several months without any type of problem. But it went down three times in a week for no apparent reason. Strange occurance. I feel confident that no changes were made to the network that week because the Windows Administrator was gone. And I didn't make any changes.

I am still looking for help, and I appreciate your assistance.

Thank you

Randy Tubb