Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 replication

robertsoto
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dear,

It ´s possible to do replication between a ACS 4.2 installed in a SERVER and  Cisco appliance with ACS4.2?.

I will aprecciate your answers?.

best Regards.

Robert

5 Replies 5

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes that should work fine, as long as they are on the same version and patch level.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

My ACS4.2  in appliance is join to AD with a Agent, but my Server if I want to join a  AD the agent it´s not necessary.

It´s not important this configuration , when I done this setting?. because mi ACS in Appliance has 4 domains with AD.

Regadars,

If ACS is installed on windows then the windows machine will have to be a member of the domain so it can authenticate users. I would refer to the acs for windows configuraiton guide on how to set this up.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

My question is , If not problem that my ACS principal (Appliance) is join with AD and my ACS Backup is Server W2K3 (Server) , because I want to do a replication between them.?..

I found this link , for join my ACS Server to AD.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/217941

Thanks and I wait your answer.

Robert

I Guess it is not neccessary to have all the connected ACS servers should be the part of the AD.

E.g. If your ACS appliance is in connection with AD and recieving AD request and response. You can make the ACS appliance to recive the AD requests and form the User Database. In turn the userdatabase is replicated to its secondary.

but there is little trick in your question AD to ACS appliance whether it will form a db in the ACS appliance????