Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Certificate Attribute

benediktdiehl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

I have a question about Cisco ACS 5.3.0.

I like to check Certificates for WLAN users.

Currently I use mashine certificates to autheticate my notebooks trying to enter my corporate WLAN.

Now we like to also autheticate user Iphones and Ipads and like to use the same Issuing CA to enroll the Certificates.

The idea was to create a new Certificate Template to distinguish normal corporate Notebooks from corporate Ipads.

Is it possible to check the Certificate for the Template that was used to create it?

I allready found the possibility to check for combound conditions to check some Certificate attributes like the following.

Certificate Attributes.jpg

But is it also possible to check for the Template that was used?

Thanks for your Support.

With kind regards

Benedikt

1 Reply 1

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

I don't thinlk it is possible to check the Certificate for the Template that was used to create it.

Add on:

When the user authenticates with either PEAP or EAP-FAST, against AD external ID store then ACS performs an additional action. It searches the cache for the users Calling-Station-Id. If it is found then Was-Machine-Authenticated attribute is set to true on the session context, otherwise set to false.

For the above to function correctly, the user authentication request should contain the Calling-Station-Id. In case it does not, the Was-Machine-Authenticated attribute shall be set to false.

The administrator can add rules to authorization policies that are based on AD GM attribute and on Machine authentication required attribute. Any rule that contains these two attributes will only apply if the following conditions are met:

MAR feature is enabled

Machine authentication in the authenticating protocol settings is enabled

External ID store is AD