Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Hardware type

learnsec
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

if i have ACS Application V4.2 installed on a normal PC, and i would like to change the hardware and order a rackable server.

How may i know what is the suitable (or cisco recomended) hardware for this application.

regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The following link describes the system requirement of the ACS for windows. Any server which meets the requirement can be used to mount ACS 4.2.1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2.1/Installation_Guide/windows/install.html#wp1041324

hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: Please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

andamani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The hardware for ACS 4.2 is 1113 solution engine as all the other solution engines which support ACS 4.2 are end of life and end of support.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2/device/guide/sdt42.html#wp52608

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha.

P.S.: Please mark this post as answered if you feel your query is answered. Do rate helpful information.

hy,

i am not able to open the link provided.

it gaves a msg "Forbidden File or Application"

i tried to sign in, and reopen, same issue.

Please advice

Hi,

Atcching the pdf of the same.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: Please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is answered. Do rate helpful posts.

Dear Anisha,

i am sorry but i couldn't find an answer on my question on the attached file.

i am exactly looking for the suitable HARDWARE for the ACS application v4.2.

i mean server HP or IBM? what part number exactly is recommended or preffered?

rackable server or tower server?

if i prefere rackable what part number do you advice?

i hope you can help

regards,

Hi,

Cisco has a hardware for ACS 4.2. it is called the solution engine. you will have to purchase a cisco solution engine 1113.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha.

P.S.: Please mark this post as  answered if you feel your query is answered. Do rate helpful  information.

Dear Anisha,

in my case specifically i alread baught ACS 4.2 for windows, and i cannot go back to buy the solution engine, else i can buy the cisco hardware 113 and use my ACS cd already baught for windows. which i think it is not valid. the ACS may come preloaded on the appliance.

but in all cases the cisco solution engine is EoS.

In the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5712/ps5338/end_of__life_notice_c11-553150.html

Cisco announces the end-of-sale and end-of life dates for the Cisco Secure Access Control Server Solution Engine 1113 Hardware. The last day to order the affected product(s) is February 5, 2010.

End-of-Sale Product Part Number: CSACSE-1113-K9

Product Description: Cisco Secure ACS 4.X Solution Engine 1113 Appliance

Replacement Product Part Number: CSACS-1120-K9

Replacement Product Description: Cisco 1120 Secure ACS Appliance with 5.0 Software

so in my case the solution will be to buy a HP/IBM Hardware and install ACS v4.2 under windows 2003.

do you recommend any HP or IBM Partnumber to be used as HW for the ACS Application V4.2?

regards,

Hi,

The following link describes the system requirement of the ACS for windows. Any server which meets the requirement can be used to mount ACS 4.2.1.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2.1/Installation_Guide/windows/install.html#wp1041324

hope this helps.

Regards,

Anisha

P.S.: Please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is resolved. Do rate helpful posts.

thank you,

just one small detail, before when buying any software (windows based) from cisco the hardware were CiscoHP,

nowadays servers are CiscoIBM.

so do you think it is preffered to go for IBM?

Hi,

I don't have a answer to this question. Probably other customers who are using the device may be able to answer the same.

Regards,

Anisha