cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS RDBMS Synchronisation or database exporting

rfabbri
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possibile to have ACS database really synchronized with an external database, that is initially having ciscosecure exporting all data to an empty database and then having ACS synchronized with it?

If not is there a way to access the Ciscosecure database and export the data to an external database, using a textual dump or something like this?

The format of dump.txt is not very readable but if no other option is available, how can I extract at least passwords (clear) and account expiry dates from it?

Thanks in advance

Roberto

3 Replies 3

mhoda
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Roberto,

Pl. see inline,

>Is it possibile to have ACS database really >synchronized with an external database, that is >initially having ciscosecure exporting all data to >an empty database and then having ACS synchronized >with it?

Yes, thats possible.

>If not is there a way to access the Ciscosecure >database and export the data to an external >database, using a textual dump or something like >this?

Yes, with the csutil -d option, you can dump the user/group info to a text file.

>The format of dump.txt is not very readable but if >no other option is available, how can I extract at >least passwords (clear) and account expiry dates >from it?

Unfortunately, there is no doc on this and TAC will not be able to be much help in that regard. DUMP.txt file was not meant for anything but to export and import to ACS.

I hope this is helpful. Regards,

Mynul

Hello Mynul

>>Is it possibile to have ACS database really >>synchronized with an external database, that is >>initially having ciscosecure exporting all data to >>an empty database and then having ACS synchronized >>with it?

>Yes, thats possible.

OK and how do you do this? I've tried to synchronize but it seems Ciscosecure only reads entry from the external database and updates it's internal database, deleting entries from the external one.

Thanks again.

Roberto

Hello Roberto,

Yes, so you need to populate the built in database that ACS uses with your information on the external database. You can write script or program to do that. ACS dev team or TAC will not be able to provide any help on that.

Regards,

Mynul