Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS release 5.8.1

neil.j.bishop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use the Cisco SNS-3415-K9 model ACS and I am currently upgrading them to the latest Release/Patch. I have been told that ACS 5.8.1 is not compatible with the SNS-3415 model and that I can only upgrade to ACS 5.8 patch 7. Is this correct?

Regards

Neil

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's not correct. The ACS 5.8.1 release notes confirm it is compatible with the SNS-3415:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-8-1/release/notes/acs_581_rn.html#pgfId-434498

You are aware that ACS is almost end of sales - yes? After this August it will no longer be sold. It is being deprecated in favor of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).

View solution in original post

Hi Neil

I confirm also that I have successfully upgraded plus than 15 of SNS-3415-K9 appliances  to ACS 5.8.1.4 and they are operational without any issue.

Don't hesitate if you need any help.

Best regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's not correct. The ACS 5.8.1 release notes confirm it is compatible with the SNS-3415:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-8-1/release/notes/acs_581_rn.html#pgfId-434498

You are aware that ACS is almost end of sales - yes? After this August it will no longer be sold. It is being deprecated in favor of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).

Hi Neil

I confirm also that I have successfully upgraded plus than 15 of SNS-3415-K9 appliances  to ACS 5.8.1.4 and they are operational without any issue.

Don't hesitate if you need any help.

Best regards

Thanks. The only reason I asked on here is because I was having issues upgrading and one of the Cisco TAC support guys told me it wasn't supported and that I should upgrade to 5.8 patch 7 instead. I got the impression he didn't really know what he was talking about which was a bit concerning!!

Hi Neil

Could you please share with us the issue that you encounter? Did you checked also the available space on the /storeddata partition ( You can do that by show tech-support then /df -h) ? This is the most known issue when upgrading to new ACS versions.

Could you please describe the behavior?

Best regards

Please don't hesitate to rate Helpful and Correct Answers!

So I was getting Process errors, the management process was running but with a HTTP nonresponsive message and the runtime process was coming back Not Monitored. I was getting the same issues on the 5.8 release but with TAC support I managed to fix them and that's when they said 5.8.1.4 isn't compatible which is why I raised the initial 5.8.1.4 question because I thought if they fixed it on 5.8 why couldn't they fix it on 5.8.1.4!! I am now trying to install the 5.8.1.4 to see if it does work on my ACS with the fixes I have from 5.8. If I get any issues I will post again.

Thanks, yes I am aware of the end of sale.