cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS unable to authenticate SFTP/SCP to Unix repositories

tpattgeek
Level 1
Level 1

We just upgraded to the latest 5.3 patch 6, and I'm just now wanting to use SFTP to transfer logs, backups, patches, etc.  I set up a repository on a FreeBSD server that's running OpenSSH and synchronized the host key.  When I do "show repository", I get % User authentication error.  I can SSH to the server with this username and I can connect to it via SFTP and SCP from Windows clients with no issues.  I tried using a Windows Server as a repository and it works fine.  Everything works fine except ACS trying to authenticate to a Unix server.  I've tried 3 different servers running different versions of OpenSSH and they all do the same thing.  I know the servers support DH group 14 by default, so no changes should be needed.  ACS works fine to any FTP server, just not SFTP.  I am able to SSH to the Unix servers from ACS, but a debug shows:

[28870]: transfer: cars_xfer_util.c[1628] [tpatt]: error: ssh session startup failed

Please let me know if there are any known issues or if there's any other way you can assist.  Thanks.

Troy

0 Replies 0