cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Active Directory diagnostic tool found issues

John Vierra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have received this error message a few times and I'm trying to find out what it means and what to do about it. If I follow the instructions in the alert and manually run the test it always comes back as passing. I'm running 2.4.0.357 with patch 1.

Thanks

Alarm Name :

Details :

AcsSyslogContentAaaDiagnostics:: ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_DIAGNOSTIC_TOOL_ISSUES_FOUND need to complete

Description :

One or more Active Directory diagnostic tests failed during a scheduled run.

Severity :

Warning

Suggested Actions :

Run the Active Directory Diagnostic Tool to check current status and view details of issues. Go to External Identity Sources, Active Directory and activate from Advanced Tools.

*** This message is generated by Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) ***

Sent By Host : vierra-ise

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The screenshot in your initial post is not showing up for me. Did you try manually running the tests?

Below is a CFD on this feature, FYI:

CSCvj13757ISE 2.4 - Unable to acknowledge AD Diagnostic Failure Alarm

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 2.4 will automatically and periodically run the AD diagnostics. Prior to 2.4, such tests are only triggered manually by an ISE admin user.

Thanks. But what I can’t figure out is what’s failing?

The screenshot in your initial post is not showing up for me. Did you try manually running the tests?

Below is a CFD on this feature, FYI:

CSCvj13757ISE 2.4 - Unable to acknowledge AD Diagnostic Failure Alarm

I did manually run it and they all pass. That is what is weird to me. Trying to figure out if it actually failed when it said it did. And id yes what failed at that time.

Thanks

Alarm Name :

Details :

AcsSyslogContentAaaDiagnostics:: ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_DIAGNOSTIC_TOOL_ISSUES_FOUND need to complete

Description :

One or more Active Directory diagnostic tests failed during a scheduled run.

Severity :

Warning

Suggested Actions :

Run the Active Directory Diagnostic Tool to check current status and view details of issues. Go to External Identity Sources, Active Directory and activate from Advanced Tools.

• This message is generated by Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) ***

Sent By Host : vierra-ise

I have this issue and I'm running 2.6.0.156 which is the version that the bug says fixed the issue.  It did not fix it for me.

kevink707
Level 1
Level 1

I got this error and I don't even have activity directory configured.

sinady
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same issue. Currently i using Cisco ISE 2.7 patch 3.

Really appreciate for your advise.

edonaghy1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have this issue in ISE 2.7 patch 4.........

Hi @edonaghy1  and Team,

Did you received any release version ISE 2.7 patch 5?

I'm not sure if it fixed with patch 5. If you get more information about patch 5 has been fixed this issue. please keep posted here.

Currently i still have this issue as well.

Thank you so much.

Hi @sinady ,

do you have 2.7 P4 and also do you have issues with Diagnostic Tool (at Administration > Identity Management > External Identity Sources > Active Directory)?

What kind of issue that you are having on Diagnostic Tool (please provide a PrtScr)?

Regards !!!

Hi @Marcelo Morais ,

Yes, i'm using 2.7 P4

Currently i have 3 nodes and all of nodes are having the same issue. 

please check attached file for more detail.

Really appreciate for your help and advise.

Hello @edonaghy1 , 

I am having this issue in Patch 5 as well. Currently have a support case open for this. We will see what I can find out. 

When running tests manually, everything is successful. Glad to see that this is happening to others, Hopefully they will implement a fix sooner. 

Thanks

Hello @BrandonG95,

what about your TAC case ? Is it solved issue for you by now ? And if yes, how ?

Can you share the results with community ?

TAC Case still open. No progress yet besides the engineer trying to point the finger at a bug that wasn't happening within our environment. This has been escalated with the development team. Still troubleshooting. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: