Views
Helpful
Replies

Adobe Flash not working

abhijit89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We can see the Flash support by Adobe has ended today which has caused a few problems on our ISE dashboard. Is there a way we can utilise any other 3rd party flash players on our browsers to view ISE GUI?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This week I read of some other applications having Flash troubles and their workaround was to use the domain-level allow list functionality.

This is documented in the Adobe Flash Player EOL Enterprise Information Page :

Adobe blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021 to help secure users’ systems.

This can be overridden by using the domain-level allow list functionality available in Adobe’s latest release of Flash Player.  Any use of the domain-level allow list after the EOL Date is strongly discouraged, will not be supported by Adobe, and is entirely at the user’s own risk. 

May be risky but desperate times call for desperate measures.  8-/

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may find this info useful :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/when-will-ise-stop-requiring-adobe-flash/td-p/3438585

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi Marce,

Thanks for the link. We are already looking at a possible migration to version 2.4, but until then, is there any 3rd part flash player which we can use ?

- I can't see any solutions in that direction being that ISE is OEM-like and management is according to admin-guides which will specify browser-based access and or list  a number of supported browsers too for the particular product-version.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Josh Morris
Level 3
Level 3

I ran into this today as well on v2.2. I have tried many methods, but only found one that actually works and lets me access the flash components in ISE.

What’s the hesitation to upgrade to ISE 2.4 or later? The longer you wait, the more painful the upgrade becomes because it becomes a multi hop upgrade process. Flash is not a feature anyone will miss. 

I am actively preparing a 2.7 deployment not for migration. Just behind. 

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This week I read of some other applications having Flash troubles and their workaround was to use the domain-level allow list functionality.

This is documented in the Adobe Flash Player EOL Enterprise Information Page :

Adobe blocked Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021 to help secure users’ systems.

This can be overridden by using the domain-level allow list functionality available in Adobe’s latest release of Flash Player.  Any use of the domain-level allow list after the EOL Date is strongly discouraged, will not be supported by Adobe, and is entirely at the user’s own risk. 

May be risky but desperate times call for desperate measures.  8-/