cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

! After Patch 7 Install -> wrong Admin Access view on 2nd!

alex.fritzsche
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

i've just patched a ISE 2.2 deployment with 2 Nodes from Patch 6 to Patch 7.

Installation was successful.

Both ISEs reconnected automatically to AD again.

When i login to Primary ISE(Primary admin, Secondary Monitoring) all is fine.

Now when I login(authentication via Internal or AD brings the same) to the Secondary ISE(Monitoring Primary), I have a wrong view!

I only see the "Adminitration"-Menu, meaning the bit what is normal to be seen on the Secondary Admin only.

But i do not see the "Operations"-menu anymore!

When I try to open the Radius authentication page via pasting in the URL, the system gives:

"Page not accessible - The page you are trying to load is not accessible due to insufficient privileges."

How can Login function but the wrong view is applied to one PSN of two only?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry. It's my mistake. This is actually expected. The Operations menu is only available at the primary ISE node.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The menu Operations will show if the ISE node has the ISE admin persona; i.e. the 2nd ISE PAN. This is so since ISE 2.1.

If it's the 2nd PAN, then please try clearing the browser cache and try again. If not 2nd PAN, you might want to ensure admin on it so you may promote it to primary for failover.

I promoted ISE2, so ISE2 is now Admin Primary and ISE1 is Admin Secondary.

Now ISE1 shows the fault! It shows only the following as described before:Bild1.PNG

Would recommend working through the tac if something is not working as expected

Sorry. It's my mistake. This is actually expected. The Operations menu is only available at the primary ISE node.

Thanks for clarification!

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Primary GUI:

Secondary GUI: