Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication issue

is there any solution to authenticate multiple mac address for voice i mean for IP phone into  the ISE . 

My switch is connected with 6 ip phones cisco 2960 , and this switch is connected to cisco other switch model C9410R-is port number and conf details as below, 

interface GigabitEthernet3/0/24
switchport mode access
dot1x timeout tx-period 7
dot1x max-reauth-req 3
source template DefaultWiredDot1xClosedAuth
spanning-tree portfast
spanning-tree bpduguard enabl

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Multi auth what you need 

Dot1x host-mode multi auth 

This can make each mac auth MAB to ISE 

View solution in original post

@ShareefKooliyodan0444  Multi-auth supports 1 device in the voice domain and multiple devices in the data domain, so you cannot authenticate multiple phones to the voice domain on the same interface (if that's what you are doing).

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Multi auth what you need 

This can make each mac auth MAB to ISE 

Yes I need muti- auth for IP phones 

This command what you need then

which cmd i should from below ?

(config-if)#dot1x host-mode ?
multi-domain Multiple Domain Mode
multi-host Multiple Host Mode
single-host Single Host Mode

this SW not support multi auth ? only these mode available?
what is SW platform and IOS ver. 
thanks 
MHM 

@ShareefKooliyodan0444  Multi-auth supports 1 device in the voice domain and multiple devices in the data domain, so you cannot authenticate multiple phones to the voice domain on the same interface (if that's what you are doing).

domain is use to separate data and voice connect to same PORT
@ShareefKooliyodan0444  are you connect PC and Phone to same port ? or you connect only phone ?

multi-auth I check is default in some SW, so only NO dot1x host-mode multi-host will return port to default

Are the phone ports configured to do dot1x or MAB? also, could you please share the configuration of the template "DefaultWiredDot1xClosedAuth" for review? in case you need to change the host mode you should do it from within the "DefaultWiredDot1xClosedAuth" template as you seem to be using C3PL on that switch.