Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication issues with dual NICs

jake.hallett.jh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I do have a TAC case open however I'm hoping someone may have seen a similar issue to what I am currently experiencing.

ISE version 3.2.0.542

We have 2 police setup on ISE, one for corporate Wifi and one for wired LAN. They've been in place for well over a year. On Monday we received tickets where NEW devices were unable to join either the corporate SSID or get connectivity through a switchport. The policies checks to ensure the client devices are compliant on the MDM (The user belongs to a user a group in AZ and the correct certificates are installed) they also have to be tagged a certain site.

All those test check out. 

What we're seeing is when the WiFi adaptor is enabled (the client doesn't have to be connected to the Corp SSID) the device can not authenticate against ISE via a switchport. When the WiFi adaptor is disabled, the client connects via a switchport right away. Also, when the device is plugged into a switchport, it fails to join the corporate SSID. As soon as it's unplugged and the wired NIC is not in use, the device connects to the corporate WiFi.

It seems more like a windows bug.

Today, users who have been on the network for a while have also started experiencing the issue.

A PC without a wireless NIC was provisioned yesterday, plugged into the LAN and came up right away.

Cheers,

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>....What we're seeing is when the WiFi adaptor is enabled (the client doesn't have to be connected to the Corp SSID) the device can not authenticate against ISE via a switchport.
                                      Check the ISE live logs for the(a) particular authentication when that happens , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '