Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

backlog limit exceeded

I recently ran into a deployment with ISE 1.4 patch 7 and was not able to login via CLI or Console or Web interface after completing all configuration. The last thing was i configured backup and not sure if that could have caused this. From CLI I was able to enter user name and password but would never get a prompt back and was not able to do anything, however I did see the error message scrolling on the console. This error message was being spilled over by ADE Red Hat linux and not ISE application. I ended up promoting the secondary and then rebooting the primary which gave me access to it.

I could not root to redhat and had to get a patch "rpssh64.tar.gz" from Cisco that will let me do that. Once the patch was installed i entered the root_enable command from CLI and got me into redhot root. 

The screenshot shows the audit.log file that was getting created and audit.rules file was edited to increase the buffer to 512K from 320K. You will need to stop start ISE service. The screenshot show the files and what was edited. 

0 Replies 0