Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Practise of Redirect ACL for Posturing

Madhuri Dewangan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

Looking for the best practise for the number of ACEs that should be present in the Redirect ACL for Posturing.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhuri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It really depends on your requirements , for example you may want to provide a dACL to provide some limited access regardless of your redirect acl

In general your redirect acl should provide

• DNS
  • DHCP
  • ISE PSNs to which CPP portal FQDN points out
  • Traffic to remediation servers if needed

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
In my experience your best bet is to limit the ACEs to only allow connectivity to your ISE node that will perform the posture checks, DNS for resolution, and then deny bootps, and https. Remember that your redirect acl is flipped. For example:
deny ip any host <ISE IP Addr> actually permits connectivity to your ISE node.

I also think that this may vary depending upon your customer requirements. HTH!

Hi Mike,

Currently there are 70+ ACEs in the Redirect Acl. Which is currently being used in all location throughout the deployment, which i would be suggesting to make location specific, hence need the input on number of ace we should keep in redirect acl

It really depends on your requirements , for example you may want to provide a dACL to provide some limited access regardless of your redirect acl

In general your redirect acl should provide

• DNS
  • DHCP
  • ISE PSNs to which CPP portal FQDN points out
  • Traffic to remediation servers if needed
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: