Views
Helpful
Replies

BYOD - Export Registered endpoint

Neelesh Marathe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Team,

Is there any way where we can export BYOD registered endpoint with AD username mapping? I wanted to export BYOD registered endpoint from one ISE node and import it in another ISE node. Taking ISE backup and then restore is currently not feasible option for us

Thanks,

Neelesh Marathe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Export the BYOD endpoints from one ISE deployment and then import back in on another system That works for ISE 2.1. For ISE 2.0 or earlier, it needs ERS API for endpoints.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Neelesh,

Are these two different deployments we are talking about? If so, may I know the reason why you want to do that.

Thanks

Krishnan

Hello Kirshnan,

Thanks for your response. Customer has two different ISE cluster with different versions for some specific reason. Few of the policies are also different on one of the ISE clusters. All the users were registered on one ISE node and now customer wants same level of BYOD access without re-registration of the endpoints when user moves to different ISE cluster. Backup and restore option is not feasible for us. I tried to export endpoint database but it does not export all the information like user mapping.

note: Customer is not doing complete BYOD. We are only registering the devices and placing it in registered endpoint group

Thanks,

Neelesh Marathe

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Export the BYOD endpoints from one ISE deployment and then import back in on another system That works for ISE 2.1. For ISE 2.0 or earlier, it needs ERS API for endpoints.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: